The library strives to provide the best quality services to students, faculty, staff, alumni, and the community. See below for specific borrowing privileges and policies.
- Circulation Desk: one can check-out materials, borrow calculators, pay fines, retrieve lost items, or pick course reserves. The PHIL station is used to load Tech IDs and community library cards with additional cash for printing/copying.
- Reference Desk: research help; getting started, finding and using library materials
- Printers and photocopiers: available on all three floors of the building. Add funds to Tech IDs and print cards at the PHIL station at the Circulation desk.
- Borrowing Privileges: the Tech library offers borrowing privileges to members of the Tech Family and the community.
- Interlibrary Loan (ILL): this service provides resources from other libraries that are not found in the Tech collections.
- Curriculum Work Space: large die cut collection (bring your own paper), laminator ($1.00 per linear foot)
- Study rooms: small (2 chairs) and medium (4 chairs). Reserve one with Book it!
- stations (Tech library search engine): there are two stations dedicated to using the Tech library search engine. One is on the first floor (near the Reference Desk) and the other one on the second floor (near the rotunda).
- Multimedia rooms (also called Tegrity rooms): allows audio and video recording for course work or test taking. Includes equipment for audio-video transfer. Reserve a Multimedia Room with Book it!
- ARKLink: the library’s membership in this consortium allows students and faculty to use resources at other member college and university libraries throughout Arkansas.
- Lactation room: private room for nursing mothers
- Music Lab: equipped with computers with music composition software and keyboards. Holds the CD and LP collections. Video and audio transfer equipment is also available.
- Audio Lab: high end software and equipment for creating audio and video. Reserve the Audio Lab with Book it!
- Information Desk: on the second floor by the Compact Shelving
While all services listed above are offered to all Arkansas Tech University affiliates, they might differ depending on the group to which you belong. The community at large can also use the library. Check the specific services for your group below.