The Tech library offers many collections. There are electronic and a physical collections. The electronic collections are accessible through the library website via a computer or any other item connected to the internet and the physical collections are located all throughout the physical library space.
Access is granted to all affiliates of Arkansas Tech University. The electronic collections include:
- databases: Arkansas Tech subscribes to over 260 databases. The university invests close to $400.000,00 per year so students can find the most appropriate, current, and scholarly information for their studies.
- scholarly journals and magazines: the library offers access to over 97,000 electronic journals, mostly available through specific databases. In addition, there are 300 individual titles available directly from each journal's publisher.
- eBooks: the library offers access to over 250,000 electronic books through several collections including, but not limited to, the EBSCOhost eBook Collection, the ProQuest ebrary, or the ACLS Humanities E-Book.
- maps: access to over 100,000 world, continent, country, and state maps
- government documents: many of the US government agencies have websites, these are freely accessible to all.
- reviews and more
The physical collections can be found inside the library building. They include:
- the main book collection on the second floor with over 160,000 books on all topics and subjects
- reference books (encyclopedias, dictionaries...)
- journals and magazines (current and older issues)
- microfilm and microfiche and more