Click library logo at top to get to Library homepage.
The purpose of this guide is to introduce you to the services and resources available to you at the library. Think of the library web pages as your research portal. Use Find it... the library's discovery tool to find any type of library materials you need. Choose from the many filters available to narrow your search.
1. Find it... searches the library physical collection & most of the 300+ databases the library subscribes to.
2. Use Research Guides for subject specific resources.
3. AskUs offers multiple ways to access help with research.
4. Using the library's resources saves time because of the quality of the materials.
5. Check out RefWorks in the tab above. This tool allows you to organize and save your research as well as to create Works Cited or References pages.
6. Use the library's Interlibrary Loan service if you need something the library doesn't have or to get items physically at the library. Click on the Services tab.
Distant Learning (DL) students at Tech are defined as students exclusively taking online classes and who live more than 25 miles from campus.
The library strives to provide services to DL students on par with those who attend classes on campus.
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I contact a librarian?
Use the "Ask Us" link at the top of the page.
As a DL student how can I borrow print books from the Ross Pendergraft Library (RPL)?
Use the Interlibrary Loan (ILL) service to make request. Use Distance Learning Services for your Pick Up location if it is a physical item. Item(s) will be mailed to you at the mailing address you provide in the request.
It is your responsibility send the item back to the library. Your only cost is that of the return.
What if I need an older article that is only on microfilm or in the compact shelving?
Use Interlibrary Loan request form "Request an Article". It will be scanned and emailed to you at no cost.
What if I need a journal article that is not available in Tech's library?
Use the Interlibrary Loan tab to "Request an Article" and we will request it from another library. You will be notified when digital copy is available. If physical copies are send we will mail them to you at no cost.
What if I need a physical book that is not available at Tech?
Use Interlibrary Loan form "Request a Book". The library will request it from another library and send the item to you. It is your responsibility to send the item back to us. Your only cost is that of your return to Tech.
Can I use the library at the college or university that is nearest to me?
Yes. See the ARKLink box to request a card to use at other Arkansas University or College libraries.